Thirty Thousand Streets

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Gobama!

Right, well, it's a start anyway – at the very least he can hardly fail to do a better job than the cretin who preceded him.

Anyway, in celebration me and my colleague Zeno Cosini have upped something new at our increasingly infrequent 30,000 Streets project for your delectation. It's our entry for the Observer/Jonathan Cape 2008 Graphic short story prize. We didn't win, but it was a very enjoyable project for me, and a medium that I'd like to pursue in the future.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, though must concede, the deadline, coupled with work commitments at the time meant that it was more rushed than I would have liked. It also gave me an insight into the amount of work that goes into making a comic. Generally speaking, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering are four separate jobs, so doing them all immediately prior to the closing date entailed some midnight oil burning – but it was all good.

Anyway, swing on by. Feedback appreciated!
Story here.


In other news, I'm not working the minute, though I guess that's that Kredit Kruch biting eh? Got offered a months work the other week, only for the client in question to change their minds and keep the work in-house. I hate it when they do that... if you've got work for me, great, if not, fine, just don't offer me a handy booking then whip it away in a Bullseye "look at what you could have won" fash. I'll probably mentally have started spending the paychecks...

3 comments:

Zeno Cosini said...

Ah, the usual rapturous reception comrade. My blushes. Is there ANYTHING about us the internet doesn't love? We ought to nickname ourselves "TEAM VIRAL".

The Eyechild said...

Ayo, either that or:

"Zeitgeist Force! (force force force)"

The bit in the brackets is an echo by the way.

Take heart friend: Nobody liked the impressionists either – at least while they were alive. Eek.

Zeno Cosini said...

Cats. That's what the internet loves. That's where we're going wrong. We've got cats in the story but we need more of them. Shall we start a cats blog? Off the top of my head: we host photos of people who've taken a photo of their cat's face, blown it up to human-size and worn it sellotaped over their own face while standing in a pose taken off a famous album covers. Lol! LOL! LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!