Thirty Thousand Streets

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sick kicks






Fresh out the box.. Oi Polloi Mocc's (with a free pair of Corgi socks). The smell of the leather on these almost knocked me over when I opened it on Saturday morning. Tanned in England the hide is then shipped to the states for assembly, which perhaps accounts for some of the price, but never mind, the summer shoe has arrived.

It's been a quiet weekend. On Saturday morning I went to view a flat, before going for a nose round Camberwell. I stayed in in the evening and watched Pitch Black and The Boys from Brazil, which is a kind of Nazi-based version of The Omen, with Gregory Peck playing the maniacal Doctor Mengeles, masterminding a impressively evil conspiracy.

While half watching this, I also cannibalised one of my old housemates picture frames for a poster by one of my favourite illustrators – Frank Quitely – that I've had knocking around for a while. It's from a comic he did the covers for called Bite Club (which I never read), which depicts a vampyress drinking blood from a milk carton. I don't think it'll be going up in the lounge.

Today's been even quieter.. drawing and listening to music, though I did pop out to get some chorizo from the Portugese deli on Coldharbour lane. Back at work tomorrow, and the booking I was on last week is continuing up to at least Tuesday this week, though it may roll on. Yawn.

6 comments:

mountainear said...

Those are some demon shit-kickers. Can smell the leather from here. Mmmm!

Debu's Blog said...

Nice article....

How u can write on this issue?

doppelganger said...

you should read that Bite Club - it almost lives up to the promise of the cover

The Eyechild said...

M: Demon indeed.. they're like Clarks Wallabees deluxe with bullet proof leather.

QT: Er, thanks..

D: Ok, might give it a bash then if there's a collected edition.. Chaykin did some writing for it didn't he? I must confess, I'm a bit too easily led by the picture style sometimes..

thisisnaive said...

Corgi made socks for them and they gave them for free? Wow...

The Eyechild said...

LNH:

The socks were free from Oi Polloi in Manchester for the month of May.. they're my favourite clothes ship I think.. they've got a really good attitude.