Thirty Thousand Streets

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breakfast!

As episodes of Sesame Street came courtesy of individual letters of the alphabet, breakfast today owed its existence to my mum, or more precisely some hens she's got stuck in a trailer on a hillside in Wales.

Before and after shots.






















Damn those eggs look like huge Cadbury's Mini-Eggs!























I made an omelette with sliced up chunks of chorizo in it and some Worcester sauce. If I'd had some tabasco I'd have probably wanged that in, but I didn't, so I didn't. It tasted better than it looks.

Next time: with some salsa perhaps? like our American cousins. Incidentally, I kind of wish I was in the States right now, positive vibes n' all that.

Listening to Spotify right now (streams albums over t'net for free, basically). I'd forgotten Ade told me that part of the deal was every once in a while it drops in an advertisement, so when a commercial from the Inland Revenue came on, I thought for a moment that Lupe Fiasco had sampled Moira Stuart for the intro on one of his tracks. Most odd.

2 comments:

Zeno Cosini said...

That looks like a damn good breakfast. My breakfast today was a croissant from Patisserie Valerie, three cups of coffee and a split-second glance at the photograph of a sandcrab I keep in the locked drawer of my desk. Salty.

The Eyechild said...

Myself, I genuflected briefly at a mezzotint of a stoat immediately after my repast.