Thirty Thousand Streets

Monday, September 12, 2005

Coincidences

Today was an afternoon of coincidences. Whilst perusing the wares of Uniqlo on Oxford Street, The Eye encountered an acquaintance from the past.. A girl I had studied with at university. Initially I couldn't quite work out if it was indeed her, and I had left and walked for a good five minutes before finally deciding to return and see if it was indeed she (her name's Lucy by the way, though I can't for the life of me remember her second name).

It was. (But it took further surveillance on my part to pick up the courage to ask, and she was initially I fear completely at a loss to whom I was) Anyway. We 'shot the breeze' for a while, discussing old acquaintances and it turns out she's headed for China and then um, Tibet I think; which accounted for the bag o' jumpers she'd just purchased. Ah well. Swopped numbers and arranged to meet up for a drink.

Scarce had I turned off Oxford Street after this, when whom should I run into but.. er, my mum and dad? what are you guys doing in Soho? Actually, I knew they were in town, but still. Anyway, seeing them again tommorrow.

No comments: